1. The muzzle MUST always be pointed DOWN RANGE.
2. All firearms SHALL be handled as if they ARE LOADED.
3. The firearm WILL NOT be LOADED until at the firing line.
4. KEEP your finger OFF the trigger until ready to fire.
5. When the firing line is hot, or shooters are ready to fire, no one GOES FORWARD of the benches for any reason.
6. PRIOR to going forward of the benches to change targets or collect brass, make sure the firing line is CLEAR, everyone has acknowledged the line is CLEAR, and has their firearm COMPLETELY UNLOADED, on the bench with muzzle pointed down range, magazines are removed, cylinders open, and bolt/action opened.
7. When the firing line is clear, or shooters are ready to go change targets, all shooters MUST GET UP AND AWAY from their firearms. Those physically limited MUST TURN away from their firearm. NO ONE will HANDLE a firearm when someone is down range! This means you DO NOT pick up your firearm for any reason, you DO NOT play with your sights, you DO NOT show another shooter one of your firearms, you DO NOT run a patch down your bore or clean your firearm, you DO NOT move firearms to or from your vehicle.
8. STOP SHOOTING immediately upon the command “CEASE FIRE” and follow directions from whom ever is in charge. The person who called the cease fire will take control or submit control to another person who can handle the situation.
9. CEASE FIRE will be called if animals are present on the Outdoor Range or the farmer is starting work in one of the adjacent fields. The range is closed whenever the farmer is working. 10. Defensive Firearm Range (DFR) and Outdoor Range ARE CLOSED during Trap Shoots, Pa Biathlon, and other special events.
1. Use of the ranges is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
2. Possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on club property Is Prohibited.
3. No one who is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that can impair judgment is allowed on club property.
4. Hearing and eye protection MUST BE WORN whenever hearing or eyesight could be damaged.
5. Minors under the age of 18 are NOT ALLOWED TO DISCHARGE A FIREARM on club property without the direct supervision of an ADULT MEMBER of the club.
6. Prior to leaving the club ranges, the shooter MUST REMOVE all targets, target holders, cartridge cases or any other personal belongings. Waste items MUST BE placed in designated container or be removed from club property.
7. Illegal firearms or ammunition ARE NOT ALLOWED on club property.
8. Tracer and Incendiary ammunition IS PROHIBITED.
9. Armor piercing, steel core, green tip, or other types of penetrator ammunition MAY NOT BE USED on steel targets. 50 caliber BMG MAY NOT BE USED on steel targets..
10. ONLY paper or NHRC-supplied AR500 steel targets ARE PERMITTED. Exploding targets, bouncing targets, bowling pins, etc. ARE PROHIBITED.
11. Members and Guests MUST SIGN IN (and SIGN-OUT} when finished on any Range sign-in sheet.
12. An NHRC Associate member MAY ONLY BRING up to two (2) (shooting or non-shooting guests). Members are completely responsible for guest’s conduct; the guest’s misconduct may result in disciplinary action being taken against the member.
13. All guests of the club MUST SIGN a Waiver Liability Release Form before participating in club activities or using the range. Waiver Liability Release forms MUST BE SIGNED by the Host and the Non-Members once per calendar year.
14. The number of shooters on each range SHALL BE LIMITED to the existing number of shooting stations.
15. ONLY straight line shooting is PERMITTED. Cross directional, cross lane shooting is NOT PERMITTED.
16. All Members are expected to use good judgment/common sense and be considerate of others using the Ranges and other Club facilities.
17. NHRC membership card MUST BE DISPLAYED while on the range. Membership cards MAY NOT be used by anyone other than the member.
18. Violation of range rules by member and/or their guests while engaged in activities on club property MAY BE SUBJECT to fine and/or dismissal from the club. 19. Shooting hours for all ranges on Sundays is to commence at 1 PM. For weekdays and Saturdays, shooting hours commence at 8 AM. Outside range shooting ends at sunset, and 10 PM for Trap and the Indoor range.
20. Members and guests SHALL OBEY all local, state and federal laws that are not directly covered by specific range rules.
21. Drones are NOT ALLOWED on club property.
22. The Nescopeck Hunting and Rifle Club IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for any personal loss due to theft or consequential damage or for personal injury of any member or nonmember.
1. ALWAYS Inspect the Steel Target for Damage, Functionality, and Stability etc. before using.
2. NEVER Shoot on Steel Targets that are Cratered, Pitted, or Damaged in Any Way.
3. ONLY Paper or NHRC Supplied AR500 Steel Targets ARE ALLOWED on the DFR.
4. NEVER Hang Targets on the Berm or Retaining Wall.
5. ALWAYS Stand at Least 10 Yards from the Target when Shooting Steel.
6. NEVER Walk or Climb on the Berm or Wall.
7. Forward-Most Shooter ESTABLISHES the Firing Line Position. NO SHOOTING from behind the established Firing Line.
8. Dynamic (Moving) Firing Line Drills are permitted with Only One Active Shooter. Allother Shooters Must be in COLD (Firearm Unloaded and Action or Cylinder Open) Condition.
9. ONLY PISTOL CALIBER AMMO is allowed on the DFR.
10. NO CENTERFIRE RIFLE CALIBER AMMO is allowed on the DFR.
11. NO ARMOR PIERCING bullet or rifle cartridges may be fired on the DFR.
12. PISTOL Caliber Carbines and .22 Rim fire Rifles are allowed on the DFR.
13. SHOTGUNS are NOT ALLOWED on the DFR.
14. Shooting hours for all ranges on Sundays is to COMMENCE at 1 PM. For weekdays and Saturdays, shooting hours COMMENCE at 8 AM, ENDING at sunset for outside ranges.
15. Wearing of Hats with Brims and Long Pants is recommended
1. ONLY handgun cartridges ARE ALLOWED in the indoor range. a. NO armor piercing bullets or rifle cartridges may be fired on the indoor range. b. Any handgun cartridge more powerful than a .357 magnum MUST BE a reduced power target load when used in the indoor range.
2. Only paper targets MAY BE USED on the indoor range.
3. The only type of rifle ALLOWED on the indoor range are .22 caliber rim fire and pistol caliber carbines.
4. Black powder firearms ARE PROHIBITED.
5. Shot shells ARE PROHIBITED.
6. Fully automatic firearms and bump stocks ARE PROHIBITED.
7. Targets MUST BE hung at an appropriate height to ensure ALL rounds ARE CAPTURED by the backstop.
8. Shooting hours on Sundays COMMENCES AT 1 PM ENDING at 10 PM. For weekdays and Saturdays, shooting hours COMMENCE at 8 AM, ENDING at 10 PM.
1. ONLY Paper or NHRC Supplied AR500 Steel Targets ARE ALLOWED. Exploding targets, bouncing targets, bowling pins, etc. ARE PROHIBITED.
2. NHRC steel targets SHALL NOT be moved to any closer than 100 yards from the firing line. It is unsafe to shoot steel targets closer than 100 yards due to ricochets.
3. All shooters MAY provide their own target holders. Bulls eye or target center must be placed 36 inches or greater above ground. Backing board MUST BE of non-splintering material such as Homasote. PLYWOOD is NOT PERMITTED.
4. Firearms shooting buck/bird shot MAY NOT be fired at NHRC target holders/stands. Anyone wanting to shoot buck/bird shot rounds MUST PROVIDE their own target holder/stand.
5. Shooting hours for all ranges on Sundays is to commence at 1 PM. For weekdays and Saturdays, shooting hours commence at 8 AM, ending at sunset for outside ranges..